File a Wage Complaint

In order for the N.C. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Bureau to assist an employee with a wage dispute, a complaint must be filed

If you feel you are being discriminated against based on age (over 40 years of age), race, sex, religion, national origin, color disability or pregnancy, please call the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission at 1-800-669-4000 and you will be connected to the closest EEOC office.

NCDOL Toll-Free Phone Number

1-800-NC-LABOR (1-800-625-2267)

NCDOL Mailing Address

1101 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, N.C. 27699-1101

NCDOL Physical Address

4 W Edenton Street
Raleigh, N.C. 27603

Ask Legal Affairs

Please be advised that Legal Affairs may not provide you legal advice, however, they can provide general information to you regarding NCDOL. You may contact them at:


Inquiries to Ask OSH can be submitted through the following online form, by email to, or by phone at 919-807-2875.

Provide Feedback about the website

Submit comments about the website.