Workplace Rights

Please be advised that effective December 31, 2023, youth under the age of 16 will not be able to work in an establishment with an ABC on-premises permit (alcohol is served onsite), unless they are working on the outside grounds per North Carolina General Statute 91-25.5(j).  Youth under the age of 16, unless otherwise exempt, must immediately adhere to this change as of the effective date.

For information regarding USDOL's Final rule: Restoring and Extending Overtime Protections, click here:

How to File a Wage Complaint

Column Paragraph

Order Workplace Posters

Column Paragraph